Over time you come to know a place. You learn its treasure of culture and experiences that are simply too much to discover during a brief stay. Clearly, some of the best things to do and see are also the most typical—a visit to the Roman Temple or a walk along the city walls in the public garden is proof enough. However, if you want to dig a little deeper or you’re the adventurous type, here is a representative list of specially curated ideas, sites, and experiences that most travelers don’t know about.
- Watch the birds fly over the town on their return home each evening en masse – seasonal.
- See olives and cork trees up close. We know some great places to spot cork oak and hundreds of year old olive trees.
- Visit our Bee Man. Sr Antonio has been collecting the honey and pollen in our breakfast for ages. He is also at the market on Saturday.
- Take a Portuguese lesson. We can get you well beyond bom dia and obrigado in a one hour lesson.
- We know the place to buy antiques.
- Go on an archaeological dig with Mario.
- See bulls in the natural environment before they enter the ring – this is seasonal.
- Bake Alentejo bread, like the one you will enjoy at breakfast, at one of our affiliated bakeries using their wood-fired oven.
- Go to bottom of one of the local marble quarries. A thrilling experience.